Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Photos in Blog

To use a lot of photos or not? That is the question that I have in my mind lately. Since the beginning of the blog, I realize that I used a lot of photos to describe what I meant about the posting. Cause I do believe a picture represent a thousand words. However since I used free blogging website, there are some limitation of this which is they only provide 2 GB free space. If your blog gonna exceed that, then you gonna have to pay. I know that photos make your blog interesting but at my rate of posting photo in this blog, I'm gonna burn my free space a lot quicker.

I do realize that at some point, even if I don't post any photo eventually my free space will run out. So I'm gonna have to pay anyway. But at that time I'm already have a lot of posts in this blog and hopefully, I can generate a lot of traffic by that time.

So, my strategy for this blog is to use a few photo to represent the point and use a low size file for the photo. Is there any way to put a lot of photos without using a lot of space?

4 comments:

  1. You could use a program like microsoft office picture manager to compress the size of the picture, or you can pay $5 a year to buy 20gb of space with google. To be honest, you wont fill the 2gb for a long long time. I have not managed it yet and I have been blogging for 2 years. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luke, Thanks for the tips! =) Right now I'm keeping my file size around 70-90 Kb/photos. I think it should be sufficient enough.

      Delete
  2. Chris use Google Picasa: http://picasa.google.com/ I use it for my own publishing also on Facebook etc. You can set the size of image as big or small as you want!

    Greetings,
    Mario Jakarta...

    ReplyDelete