Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tips About Food in Jakarta

Talking about authentic food or street food in Jakarta is not an easy thing to describe because everybody have a different opinion about the taste. There are also so many place offering the same food here. For example, Fried rice is very common in Indonesia, you can find this food everywhere from 5 star hotel to street vendor. So how to choose and find a good authentic food or street food in Jakarta?

Here's my tips:

1. Research and ask local people who knows about the food. But don't just ask random people, it is better to ask local foodies and look at local food website or food blog. I have seen many food blog that gives good info on local food.

2.  When you passing by a food vendor, you might also want to look about the hygiene. If the place is dirty and not many people eating there, it's probably not good. But not every dirty places have bad food, sometimes when you see there's a lot queueing to it, probably it is good and might worth to taste it.

3. For street food you better have some money in little amount because usually the price is cheap and they don't have spare change for big amount of cash.

4. Trust your feeling and try more! Anyway, life is an adventure right?!

2 comments:

  1. I've just start to open up ur blog but u hv good things to write. Then I realize u lived near pluit-muara karang area, then u should try the authentic ramen at haktata ikkousha at muara karang. U'll see crowd place with long queue then that's the place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I know the place! I've tried it once but I haven't done the review yet since there are so many good restaurant in muara karang. But thanks for the tip =)

      I have seen your review on the restaurant, so let me put a link to your post about this restaurant on my blog.

      Stevenny's review on IKKOUSHA restaurant:
      http://cravingforculinary.blogspot.com/2011/11/ikkousha.html

      Delete