Thursday, December 22, 2011

Air Conditioning, Things You Need in Jakarta

One thing that I need the most when I'm living in Jakarta is Air Conditioner. I realized how dependent I am with this thing. Indonesia is a tropical country, so it is sunny all year without cool weather, except when it is raining. Even sometimes at night without cool breeze, when you eat street food you still can feel the heat.

Exposure

I never think of it but since I'm little I have been expose to air conditioner quite a lot. Nowadays I can say I'm exposed about 20 hours a day! In the morning from 9 am - 5 pm there is always air con in the office. and then from 8 pm - 4 am I use air con also in my room. (I set timer at 4 am because its already cold at that hour so I don't need the air con.) In jakarta, whenever you go there will be air con except street vendor. The office, houses, malls, restaurants, fitness centre, anywhere! I can say that in Jakarta this is one thing you need.

Although the majority of the people I know always live with air con, there are also people who don't have the privileges of using air con in Jakarta. but they can manage using thin clothing to sleep at night or sometimes just using some Sarung, a small thin piece of fabric that you wrap to cover from your waist below. I don't know what about Expat who live in Jakarta, do they need air con? or they can live without it.

Feel free to comment. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment