Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tried Pilates Studio in North Jakarta, Pantai Indah Kapuk

My friend asked me to come to her studio for free class of Pilates the other day. I never tried one before so I'm intrigued =P Her studio is located at the Pantai Indah Kapuk Area in the commercial place of the residential area. Its on the main road of PIK(Pantai Indah Kapuk), along the road you will find a Kentucky Fried Chicken, you can't miss it. Then the studio it's just near KFC about 50 meters.

After I got there, she started to show the place. It has some unique tools and method if I may say. On the second floor she has another studio for private class. It is a good studio with a relaxing music. And then on the third floor, she has this bigger studio with mirror on each side. Overall it is a good place to exercise.

Their Logo

Pilates and Yoga


I don't know anything about pilates, so I came there to have some experience in it. For you who don't know what Pilates is you can actualy read it from the internet.
Some good source to know about it is in Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilates

So then I tried an hour Session with her trainer in Pilates. I thought it was easy! I'm so wrong, it was not the exercise that is hard but rather than the way to do it right. I think I did many mistake over and over since I have no experience in it before. The way of the breathing is also important. If you do it right then you will feel it in the muscle that you trained. At the end of the session, I don't really feel exhausted compare to fitness session or other sport session. I feel like Pilates is some kind of exercise that can train your core muscle while you relax. Once in the middle of the session I felt sleepy, thanks to the combination of cool place, breathing and relax music. =P But I think it is great if you can do it right. Clearly for me that Pilates it's not suitable for me. I need more activity that can burn my testosterone like basketball, weight lifting, climbing or even Kick boxing.

If you happen in North Jakarta, feel free to visit Aura Studio:

Location
METRO BROADWAY, CENTRO A-62, PANTAI INDAH KAPUK, Jakarta, Indonesia
Hours
Mon - Sat:7:00 am-8:30 pm
About
AURA Studio is a premier and exclusive studio that is fully dedicated to facilitate your passion of Pilates & Yoga, as a lifestyle ... Our programs: - Private Pilates & Yoga - Duet Pilates & Yoga - Trio Pilates - Chatva Yoga - SpringWall Pilates
Parking
Parking Lot
Phone
021-30010480 & 021-90674313
Website


What is your experience in Pilates?

1 comment:

  1. It is a great place to visit, make sure you have visited at least on time in your whole life. What a wonderful place.

    http://vitruvianpilates.com/vitruvian/About_Us.html

    ReplyDelete