Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weather Not Reliable Nowadays

Today is so hot in that I keep myself inside the office where there's air conditioner even when at lunch. Indonesia is a tropical country where the sun can shine all year long. In here, there are only two seasons: dry season and rainy season. But nowadays, the weather is unpredictable! you can have a stormy day for 2 days and have a very hot and dry day tomorrow. The weather forecast is not reliable anymore, I think the weather expert also confused about it. One thing is reliable nowadays (which everyday I'm doing it) is to check the sky everyday in the morning to see if it's gonna rain or gonna be a hot day. That is more reliable in my experience, so that you can prepare more.

Traffic When Rainy

One thing for sure in Jakarta is expect heavy traffic during heavy rain. The traffic is already bad  when it is not, imagine when you have heavy rain on the road. Many people prefer to wait at restaurant or their place until night rather than caught in traffic. Once you get caught in traffic in Jakarta, it is merciless.

Shield Yourself  When It's Hot

Use sun lotion when you are outside or avoid long exposure to the sun because the sun here can really sting your skin. Yes, you heard what I said. It stings nowadays. As I recalled, 5 years ago is not like this. Maybe it's because the global warming. I can feel it even in my car, sometimes it stings your skin.

For me, I prefer cloudy weather, no rain not hot also. Perfect weather. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment